We realise it can be confusing sometimes... we release 1.5 beta1, then we continue with 1.9, and today we release the second beta for 2.0.
This all has to do with the new approach we are working out, the change from 1.1.x to 2.x is major and has influence on our team structure as well.
But most important: VirtueMart 2.0 beta2 is now available for download!
Changes in this release
Here is a list of changes compared with the (1.5) beta 1 release. When 2.0 Final comes to you, we will publish a full list of changes.
- Compatible with Joomla 1.6
- Review system implemented
- Currency system implemented
- Coupons are now supported
- New plugin system for Shipping and Payments (fully documented)
- Updated the All-In-One module, including a few plugins
Furthermore, a lot of changes have been made that improve performance dramatically, SEF improvents have been made and a lot of bugs, reported in the 1st beta, have been fixed.
First, we want to thank you all for your patience and your feedback on our first beta.
There are still a few open issues to be solved, but our main focus now is to get the currently supported functionality as bugfree as possible. Remember this is complete rewrite from scratch!
Known issues in this release include:
- Downloads not yet supported
- Media does not work yet as we would like it (multiple pictures not supported, resizing not userfriendly)
- Not all emails use the layout system yet
- Some issues in the currency system with fixed rates
Some of the open issues will (like Downloads) will probably not be solved in 2.0 but postponed for the 2.2 release (2.1 will be our next development release).
You can download the new release as a Joomla component install kit. The All-In-One module is available as a Joomla Module install kit:
Once again, a big Thank You to all of you for your continuous support!