Joomla Will Be At The Madison PHP Conference - Come Join Us
The Joomla project is sponsoring the 2015 Madison PHP Conference as Conference Partner. The conference is being held at the Alliant Energy Center in Madison, Wisconsin (USA), Saturday, November 14th, 2015.
Madison PHP provides support, education, and networking opportunities to PHP developers. The group is not-for- profit and run by community volunteers. Membership has been steadily increasing and is now at over 350 members.
As part of the sponsorship, Joomla will host a booth at the conference. Representing Joomla at the booth will be Jessica Dunbar, PLT, and Robbie Adair.
A Joomla related session will be delivered by Robbie Adair of Media A-Team of Houston TX, entitled ‘Building Custom Applications With Fabrik’. Fabrik is a popular Joomla extension that provides a framework to rapidly and easily build Joomla based web applications.
The event focuses on PHP and related web technologies. It is organized by Madison PHP and offers something to attendees at all skill levels. If you are available, it promises to be a day of networking, learning, sharing, and great fun!
We would really love to meet up with community members at the Madison PHP Conference, so if you’re planning to attend do let us know, and drop by the booth to say hello!
Call for volunteers: Trademark & Licensing Working Group (TLWG)
The trademark team manages and defends Joomla-related trademarks and licensing on behalf of the the Joomla Community. We want to make sure the world respects the policies and regulations we have around the use of the Joomla! name and brand mark.
This comes with a lot of work. We need active team members that will pick up on tasks such as building our own trademark subdomain on the Joomla!-website, finetuning processes as we want to make it easy for applicants to apply online and follow their submission. Furthermore we need license administrators to take in the requests and give follow up. In time, licenses have to be checked randomly and regularly on proper use.
Are you interested in taking part in our team? Or do you have suggestions on who would be interested in joining? Please let us know by writing a short (introduction) e-mail to our team-leader, Marco Richter (email@example.com).
Most roles only require less than a couple of hours per week. No special experience is necessary. As a team we will manage. We will teach you what you need to know.
We welcome your response!
You can expect a reply within two business-days.
Happy 10th Birthday Joomla!
On August 17 Joomla! will turn ten. 10 Years Together as a community, as contributors and as friends. For this special occasion co-founder, Brian Teeman, has created a website to celebrate 10 Years Together. As a community we’re selling unique and time-limited shirts.
Thank You SysAdmins !!
Your network is secure, your computer is up and running, and your webserver is still online. Why? Because you’ve got an awesome sysadmin (or maybe a whole IT department) keeping your business up and running. So say IT loud; say IT proud …
The Marketing Working Group is looking for a Creative Lead Designer
Are you a creative person that is able to manage projects and deliver them on time? Do you like working with a team of talented designers?
Our Marketing Team is looking for a creative and experienced Lead Designer.
The Marketing Team is underneath the Community Leadership Team. We work closely with the Production Leadership Team and Open Source Matters and all areas of the project. The lead designer will have a major influence on marketing materials and websites.
- Work with a team of talented designers that is capable of creating the finest possible visuals
- Provide direction and support to the design team
- Ensure that the design team works in the most efficient manner
- Take part in our weekly meeting to improve the design product
- Identify marketing initiatives and opportunities
- Play a crucial role in elevating our reputation
- Develop templates and documentation that aid all parts of the Joomla project
- Inspire and motivate!
- 7 years design experience, both in digital and in print 2-3 years experience managing a team of designers
- Proficient in designing for the web, mobile and other connected devices
- A strong portfolio of personal design work, demonstrating your unique style and creativity
- Experience working with leading brands. Strong, motivational leadership skills
- An interest in Open Source philosophy and not-for-profit initiatives and organizations
- Excellent knowledge of English (and any other extra language! We are an international project!).
- Aware of other cultures
- Good listener
- Able to work remotely with volunteers from all around the world
- You must be someone who is always on-hand to support their team
What we offer:
- Leading and volunteering for the award-winning CMS
- Be on a team that is passionate about design and marketing
- Have a meaningful impact on Joomla's future
- Build the experience that powers 3% of the web
- Your work will be showcased to a worldwide audience
- Possibility to take part in our annual conference
- An amazing team that will support you and trust your choices and skills
Interested? Then fill out this short form right away and we'll get in touch with you as soon as possible!
Joomla! - the dynamic portal engine and content management system