- VirtueMart 2.0.24a includes Klarna Checkout
- AvaTax in VirtueMart
- VirtueMart present at the VADconnext fair
- New features in VirtueMart 2.0.24a
We are proud to announce that effective today, Klarna Checkout is available for VirtueMart!
Klarna Checkout is the revolutionary payment solution that changes the way the world shops online. With Klarna Checkout, you can offer your customers all the popular payment methods in one payment solution. Ingeniously simple and friction free. Klarna Checkout is today available for Sweden, Norway and Finland.
How do you as a VirtueMart customer benefit?
With Klarna Checkout, customers only need to provide their e-mail address and postcode to complete a purchase. This simplicity minimizes the risk of cart abandonment.
First, the purchase is confirmed. Then afterwards, the customer chooses how they want to pay. Separating the buying from the actual paying simplifies the purchase process and significantly increases conversion.
Regardless of how the customer chooses to pay – by Invoice, Account, bank transfer or credit card – you as a merchant only have one contact, one contract and one payment file. It can't get any simpler than that.
Klarna Checkout takes the hassle out of buying on mobile devices by making it simpler than ever. The friction-free process lets consumers make a purchase instantly using only their e-mail, increasing mobile conversion rates to become higher than on desktop.
Klarna is Europe’s leading provider of invoice-based payment solutions for e-commerce. Klarna’s safer and simpler buying process increases your sales by letting your customers shop using only top-of-mind information and pay after they’ve received the goods. Klarna also assumes all potential risks, guaranteeing that you always get paid.
For more information, please visit klarna-checkout
Sales tax is costly, error prone and creates risk for any business. Are you tired of handling the rules, rates, and regulations for the states that you are collecting in? Are you tired of pulling reports for the end of the month? Do you think you are charging the right rate to your customers?
VirtueMart and Avalara have partnered together to provide a fully automated sales tax compliance process. You don’t have to spend time handling sales tax rates. AvaTax calculates using up-to-date, real-time sales and use tax rates and rules. Ensure accuracy using AvaTax address validation, sourcing rules, product taxability and jurisdiction assignment— accurate down to the rooftop level. Reduce your audit risk with AvaTax Returns filing and remittance.
Early November took place a fair dedicated to e-commerce, logistics and customer relations in Lille, France. The #vad.conext fair goal is to provide concrete solutions to all ecommerce players. VirtueMart was present with Patrick Jollant from virtuemart.fr and Valérie Isaksen (VirtueMart core team) to present VirtueMart as a professional e-commerce solution.
We encourage all of you to participate to such events, and show that VirtueMart is an innovative, performant, and reliable Open Source Ecommerce Solution.
- Correct calculation of the tax for shipment and payment if multiple vattax are used
- Change shopper in cart.
This option allows administrators to change the current shopper. This is usefull if you want to place an order on behalf of your customer in the FE, for which you need full access to the shopper's address(es).
In order to complete this we added:
- more calculation options for editing orders. It works now with baseprice, or the final price, discount is considered
- more option to edit an order, for example the possibility to add a new entry.
- Added a jform element to select layouts of a view. So you can now choose the layout "categories" for your menu item. Be aware that the "categories" view is obsolete and deleted, select the "category" view and the layout categories instead.
- Added latest News RSS feed to the control panel, cached for 3 days.
- Added trigger joomla content plugin for emails, invoice, manufacturer and so on.
- Fixed the ordering of categories, there was a small error so that always the manual ordering was selected. Check your config values!
- php precision set to 15
- category tree is now always cached and can reduce on some stores the sql load drastically.
- to avoid an error with j2.5.14, we introduced vmText as replacement for jText
- fixed function checkFilterOrder. Is adding for a "slug" automatically the prefixes now. Should fix the problem, when url rewriting is used and an ordering with `x`.value was used.
- Pagination fixed, see http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=118559.0
- Fixed currencyId was not correctly set for the first product in the cart for the customfield modifiers
- added ACL configuration for "Orders & Shoppers" view BE
- Fixed the problem of missing cid for some vmtables
- Fallback for missing language content configuration in joomla
- fix if multivendor is activated for Fatal error while using "Bulk associate categories" from admin side on vm2
- small fix for calculator, was not considering a rule per bill to calculate the payment fee if it is percentage based
- small fix for fancybox
- Small security fix to prevent that entries with id=0 are shown in address data
- Small fix to prevent that someone can checkout using wrong address for avatax
- VirtueMart should run now also correctly with activated joomla cache, but use that on your own risk it is not perfectly tested yet
Bug fixed 2.0.24b:
- Ordering of categories was always using ordering by names
- Invoice layout override was not used
- Added cache into the getChildCategoryList function