- Written by: Max Milbers
- Category: Latest News
- Hits: 30719
VirtueMart is 2! Happy Anniversary!
The team is very happy to announce the second birthday of VirtueMart 2.
Within the two last years more than 1.5 million downloads have been made. Each release included massive improvements with constant and steady development. We are happy to know that the vm2 ecosystem is running well and there are so many extensions that adds value to VirtueMart, like payment and shipment systems, SEM, product builder and so much more.
VirtueMart 2.2 is on the way and we have reached already at least one milestone of the roadmap. We pay a lot attention on getting a more robust and compatible code. The changes are often not visible and just noticeable by developers working with it. Our goals for next year:
- Enhanced customfields (already developed, needs to be tested)
- enhanced cart (less code, more secure, easier to extend, more flexible, simpler OPCs)
- joomla 3 compatibility (added vmText, vmRequest, vmCheckToken, ...)
- jquery 1.8 (same as j3 uses)
- better encapsulated js
- fine grained rights management using the joomla ACL (Access Control List)
- JformFields for payment/shipment plugins
Read more about our roadmap.
Our sales tax automation extension Avatax is offering 50% off activation fees for the holidays.
The end of the year is fast approaching. Businesses are looking for ways to continue to streamline and improve daily operations into 2014. If you, respectively your customers are still managing sales tax compliance manually what better New Year’s resolution than to automate sales tax!
With the craziness and extra spending that the holidays bring why not take advantage of our offer for you, 50% off activation for agreements signed by December 31.
- Removed bug which allowed with trick to use a coupon twice
- Gift coupon are deleted upon a order status
- Send an email to vendor when submitting a review
- Fixed disabling of TOS fixed
- Default country, does not directly confirm checkout
- Quick fix to vendor edit permissions to get them working
- PayPal Express Checkout order link fixed
- Obsolete usergroups files removed